Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Makenzi Leigh, Birth story.

WOW! 3 weeks has FLOWN by! Let me recap on the last 5weeks:

When I was 37 1/2 weeks pregnant I went in for my regualr OB appt. My P was pretty darn high but I told my DR that I would really not like to get MORE blood taken so he told me that is my choice and i dont need to go get it done. That next monday I went for my NST and my BP was VERY high so i ended up having to get the Pre E testing done anyway. Come to find out that I had eelvated levals of protine in my urin so i had Pre E. My DR decided that it was time. So my mom was alredy on her way up cause she had a feeling that she needed to be here with me. GOOD THING cause that next morning at 5:30 i was going in to the hospital! She was breech so I opted to have a c-section instead of trying to turn her cause I saw ALL the bad things that could happen, happeneing! So I got to the hospital took one last belly shot and got my IV did my paperwork and by 8am I was walking back to the OR. I wasnt really nervous actually my only thought was "Can we wait for a little bit longer so I can take a nap" lol I didnt sleep the night before and it was to be expected. So i get to the OR, get on the table and they start the spinal. I had the IV in my hand and the nurse was pushing my hands down for me to hold my self up and i couldnt plus I was shaking cause the meds and i was cold. SO it took about 4-5min to get the spinal and INSTANTLY i couldnt feel my feet. It was such an odd feeling. So i laied back and they got me all ready and started. My mom came back and at 8:19am Miss Makenzi Leigh Lemon made her entrance into the world. She weighed 7lbs 11 oz 19.5in long I heard her cry and I could not wrap my ind around the fact that, that was my daughters cry! I was bawling so just a few short minuets later I got to meet her. I feel in love with her. She was just so calm and content and staring at me. They took her back to our room to weight her and give her shots, while they stabled me up. They wheeled me down to recovery and I was there for EXACTLY 36min. Yes i was counting the minuets I was there. I got to my rooom and they got me back in my bed and i FINALLY got to hold my daughter. The little amazing girl Canon and I had created. I breastfeed her as soon as i stoped staring. She did great. She latched on perfect and had no problems. That night was great she woke up every 4hours to eat. The next morning i got up to walk. It was kinda hard cause my butt was still numb from laying there for over 24hours. She continued to eat every 4 hours and i was up and walking. We left at noon the next day. The first night home was great she woke up once. The day after we got home we got a TON of snow! it was crazy!!! We were susposed to go to the hospital to get her some blood work but we were snowed in! So we went on monday. The DR never called so that meant that she was perfect! The next week just went on and she was sleeping great through the night a few times she didnt wake up at all but the other times she only woke up once.

and now today! as of Monday March 10, 2009 Makenzi weighed 8lbs 2 oz 20in long! I was so proud of her!!! She is still sleeping great and eating every 4 hours. She has grown SO much. Its sad but I love how awake she is becoming. She stays awake for a good part of the day. She will be 3 weeks tomorrow and she has a DR appt net week. Daddy will be home for R&R in April to meet her and he is SO excited. So now we just wait!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: